Opportunity for Couple Looking for Full-Time Seasonal Work
Live-In, Full-Time, Seasonal Role
The Hoops Inn – Perry Green
Concept and Short Description of Pub
We are a progressive company looking to attain an excellent reputation for food and drink in the local area. The Hoops Inn is part of a growing group of food-led pubs. We wish to continue and expand on the excellent work carried out by our executive chef in delivering a menu of classic pub favourites and homemade internationally inspired dishes. Based in Perry Green, close to Ware, Much Hadham and Bishop’s Stortford. The food offer is quality modern British and international dining in our bar and restaurant as well as catering for functions including weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties. Served in a friendly, professional manner. We always strive to go above and beyond the customers’ needs.
The Hoops Inn sits in a peaceful English village, alongside the popular tourist attraction The Henry Moore Studio & Gardens which attracts diverse crowds from all over the world in the summer months.
The Hoops Inn are looking for a couple to join our team over our busy summer season. We require team members confident in the roles of Sous-Chef, CDP, Front of House Waiting & Bar Staff and General assistant roles.
The successful applicants will be passionate about good food and have experience working with fresh ingredients, or in front-of-house hospitality roles. Have the ability and qualities to assist and work alongside our team working to deliver food and service to the high quality that our customers can expect, particularly during a summer season, when our big garden and neighbouring attraction draws huge crowds.
Key Skills for Sous-Chef/CDP positions:
- The ability to demonstrate kitchen skills to the highest level;
- A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person;
- Assisting on Maintaining or raising profit margins on food;
- Sourcing food from various companies and liaising with suppliers;
- Welcoming personality;
- Ability to work with restaurant staff to better the Dining experience
- You will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting dishes assigned to your responsibility.
- Ensuring the preparation work is done to allow the head-chef and sous-chef to quickly send out meals to a high standard
- Ensure the chef’s stations are always well stocked with anything they may need throughout the service
- Maintaining a safe, tidy and hygienic kitchen at all times
- have good cooking skills and a passion for working with fresh ingredients,
- work well under pressure,
- show creative flair in designing and preparing dishes
Key Skills for Front of House Roles:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly and confident. Good selling skills
- A real foodie, who has an appreciation for fresh produce
- A strong knowledge of wines and different beverages
- Energetic and positive demeanour
- Ambitious passionate individuals who want to be part of something special and contribute to a team and help the pub grow
Previous experience is a necessity for these job roles, although we are open to those looking to better their job role and better their experience.
Opportunities to progress and to develop your own ideas.
This is a live-in position. You will have your own flat with shared kitchen facilities and shared bathroom facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
This is an excellent opportunity for a couple who thrive working together in a growing and popular restaurant and bar, with opportunities for promotion and self-improvement.
If you believe you and your partner could fill any of the roles listed, then we are waiting to hear from you.
Approx. 40 hours a week five days a week (including weekends). Couples days off and free periods will be scheduled to coincide where possible.
Candidates are entitled to bonus incentives + tips and generous staff/family discount
Rate-of-Pay negotiable depending on experience.
Please collect an application form from the Hoops Inn to apply or call on 01279 843568 or email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look at our website www.hoops-inn.co.uk